Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have SP2, and I want to enable IIS 6.0 on my computer, but it's not in the Add/Remove Windows

Where can I got to download Internet Information Services 6.0?



I have checked:



Control Panel %26gt; Add/Remove Programs %26gt; Add/Remove Windows Components



for Internet Information Services 6.0, but I cannot find it. Where else on my computer can I go to install/download it?



Thank you so much for your help everyone!



If you want to e-mail me, please e-mail me94@optonline.net



I have SP2, and I want to enable IIS 6.0 on my computer, but it's not in the Add/Remove Windows Components.microsoft word



If your OS is XP Home, you cannot turn on IIS. But if your OS is XP Professional or XP Media Center, you can.



You have not said which XP is it. I am assuming that it is XP home from your problem description.



Microsost does not want XP Home users to be able to use IIS. That said, there are obscurely documented ways of actually making system level changes to turn IIS on Home - but those are risky and should be performed only if you are supremely confident of what you are doing. Google using "turn on IIS on XP Home" and you will come across a few such articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans