Friday, November 27, 2009

I was told that if I bought a windows vista ready laptop I would get Vista for free. Is it true?

I just bought a laptop that says Windows Vista Premium Ready, and I was told I could get the operating system by mail. But now I don't know if that's true or what I have to do to get it. Please if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.



I was told that if I bought a windows vista ready laptop I would get Vista for free. Is it true?internet browser



Yes - it is probably true. Most computers purchased between late October 06' and now that have XP on them qualify for a free upgrade to Vista - either Basic or Home Premium.



I have personally submitted the paperwork for these on a Compaq, a few Dell's, and two Gateways. Check your reciepts for information on how to submit. For Compaq, it is a mail in. For Gateway, it is a website. For Dell, it was an option when purchasing. Dell charges $10 for shipping.



I was told that if I bought a windows vista ready laptop I would get Vista for free. Is it true?windows media center internet explorer



You've been had.



Stitched up like a kipper.



You can get it, you'll just need to pay for it.



If you really were told this in a shop, go back and have words with the salesman then get onto his boss. If you don't get anywhere talking to them, let me know and I'll kick their *** for you.
Q. I was told that if I bought a windows vista ready laptop I would get Vista for free. Is it true?



A. No - Simply it means that the laptop means it is able to run Vista. If you did not pay to receive the operating system Vista then you will not be given it for free. As with all products from Microsoft you get what you pay for.



If you wish to buy the operating system Vista:



http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_...



http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002...



Do you remember paying EXTRA for the software?
do you still believe that you can get something free in our society ?
they are suppose to send you a certificate to send in for the software. if not in the box, contact them. if they recind, you have every right to return the laptop and get your money back. broken contract and false advertising. it will cost you around $10.00 to have the cd shipped to you.
If you just bought it, why didn't you make sure Vista was already loaded on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans