Sunday, November 29, 2009

Help with iPod Touch Mail?

OK, I want to set up my email for the new Mail on the iPod Touch. When I go to sign up, I click "other." Then I don't know if I choose IMAP, POP, or Exchange. (I use http://mail.midco.net)



I also don't know what to put in "Host Name" under the Incoming Mail Server, or what to put in "Host Name" under the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).



And no matter what I try, a window comes up saying something about how it won't work using "SSL." What is SSL, and how do I stop it?



I"M SO F**CKING CONFUSED, JUST SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!



Help with iPod Touch Mail?ie 7



You'll need to contact Midcontinent Communications to provide you the correct email servers settings for your iPod Touch. They might just give you the settings, but won't assist you with setting it up on your iPod.



Anyway, most email servers uses POP for incoming mail (POP means post office protocol). You can get your POP3 server name from Midcontinent.



SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol) server name is the name to identify your outgoing mail's server. Get that from Midcontinent too!



SSL means secure socket layer. Most email providers don't use SSL, but some (like AT%26amp;T) are now using SSL connection to their email servers. I suggest that you get these information from Midcontinent, which is your email provider.



Note: Most incoming mail servers that doesn't use SSL connection uses port 110.



Most outgoing mail servers that doesn't use SSL connection uses port 25.



Most incoming mail servers that use SSL connection uses port 995.



Most outgoing mail servers that doesn't use SSL connection uses port 465.



So the best way to deal with this is contact your email provider, which is Midcontinent!



Help with iPod Touch Mail?ireland internet explorer



call apple they can help u out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans