Friday, November 20, 2009

Make mailto: links open a new tab in Yahoo Mail?

I would like to be able to open mailto: links in a new IE or Firefox tab rather than a new window.



Right now, clicking on a mailto: (email address link) causes a new IE window to open no matter whether I am in IE or Firefox. I would like a new Firefox tab to open when I click on the link in Firefox, and a new IE tab to open when I click on the link in IE.



Yahoo Mail is set as the default mail client in every conceivable location it can be sent in. And I have even changed my default browser to Firefox to see if it would at least cause a new Firefox window to open when I am in Firefox, but no success; a new IE window opens when I click on a mailto: link in Firefox.



Is that too much to ask?



Thank you for helping me out.



Make mailto: links open a new tab in Yahoo Mail?windows mobile



Make Firefox your default Internet browser program



1. Click [Tools] then [Options]



2. In the [Main], under "System Defaults" select the option "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" (select this option if you want Firefox to check whether it is the default browser at startup. This will ensure Firefox is used whenever an application tries to display a web page. )



3. Click [Check Now]



In the following link you can also find other references on how to do this, but I will not run them unless you know what you are doing (specially if you have IE7 installed, because I have IE6 and the steps above works perfectly) :



http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_D...



update:



another thing I have seen, I have the Yahoo tool bar on Firefox (as well as IE6), this might help you ;)



Make mailto: links open a new tab in Yahoo Mail?safari browser internet explorerThis does not solve the problem on my computer. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans