Friday, November 20, 2009

Upgrading Windows 2000 to 2003, Exchange 2000 to 2003 and renaming domain.?

I need to get instructions on an upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003. The scenario is as follow: The network currently has 2 domain controllers and both are running Windows 2000 Server, with Active Directory. The domain functional level is Mixed Mode at this point. They are also running Exchange Server 2000 on the main domain controller. I plan to upgrade their Exchange Server to 2003 as well. I need to perform this upgrade because I would like to use the domain rename tool in Windows Server 2003. The person who setup their network initially used a .com name for the local domain and since the domain does not belong to them, they cannot get DNS to send mails to users on that domain.



I would like to know the proper steps to perform this upgrade, because I have zero room for error. Also, I would like for someone to let me know how Exchange 2003 will handle the domain rename. Would there be any issues?



Upgrading Windows 2000 to 2003, Exchange 2000 to 2003 and renaming domain.?microsoft downloads



No idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans